Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mostly work

and very, very little play right now. The first year of teaching is un-freakin'-believable.

I did, however, start a nice, soothing, easy project that keeps my knitting going without requiring actual thinking or commitment.

I love this super-soft malabrigo yarn and the color is the perfect balance between emerald and seaweed. . .



This is a scarf in the brioche stitch from EZ's Knitting without Tears. It has some garter at the bottom. I'm going to do a matching hat, using the brioche stitch, but with some other details added to tweak the shape and add interest -- like a garter or twisted rib band and a probably a pom pom.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You have my complete sympathy for the first year of teaching. Hang in there, it gets better. Really.