Monday, May 28, 2007

Dress. Finally!

Here is my completed fall dress. I am nothing if not antiseasonal in my project completion ;-) This is a relatively loose-fitting dress with a high neck and back, which makes it perfect for work. This photo shows it unadorned, but the dress spiffs up really well with layers. I also like it with a belt.



I first made this pattern in 1995 out of a soft summer rayon in an old-fashioned, large flower print. I loved it so much, and it was so comfortable and flattering to wear that I practically didn't take it off for a year. That version was ankle-length, giving it a column-ish feeling. Although my legs are cut off in this photo, the current version hits about 3 inches past the knee (so it will go well with my tall boots).

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great pattern - it's timeless and looks super-comfortable.