Monday, May 14, 2007

Summer Tank

I had the good fortune to come across ,ONE SKEIN by Leigh Radford, at the library last week, and saw the cleverly constructed tank top pattern in there. I love how she put the two pieces together with different sides showing and sewed them up the middle. The center seam gives the tank a tunic-like shapeing, and also some visual interest. I'm using this pattern as my inspiration for a summery top with the variegated yarn of the previous post's swatches. Here we have a good bit of the first half completed.



After spending so much time with the size 3 needles and 1x1 rib on Gatsby, the quick knitting on this little top is very satisfying! I'll be back to Gatsby, but am enjoying having another, simpler project too.

I decided to go with the horizontal dash stitch for this piece. Here is a close up of the fabric.



I really like how the intermittent purls call out the random stripes. I started with a few rows of garter stitch at the bottom and will probably add some of that to the neckline, too. I'm thinking to add some cap sleeves, but will pick up stitches and go top-down for that, so don't have to decide for a while yet.

No comments: